Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More Difficulties

Some writers like writing (me, usually). Some don't (me, lately, on the novel that is not going well). Some loathe and detest it, to the point where one wonders why they do it at all. Essayist Fran Lebowitz: "I hate writing. I will do anything to avoid it. The only way I could write less was if I were dead." Such writers say they would rather eat a rat, or walk over broken glass, or have a root canal...

Except that yesterday I did have an emergenct root canal. Part II of the reconstructive process for a badly broken tooth occurs today, with -- like some endless and tedious five-act play -- more Parts to follow. No writing is getting done. And now I wish it were, because Lebowitz & Company are wrong.

The root canal is worse.

1 comment:

Cameron Lewis said...

Here's hoping your wisdom teeth were removed long ago? Because let me tell you, when that went south, that was the worst pain I've ever felt.