- an inflatable fruitcake -- "Just as inedible as the original!"
- action figures of Wall Street zombies
- underpants for squirrels
- boxes of Nihilistic Mints -- they have no flavor at all
- a wedding-cake decoration of a Reluctant Bride -- he is dragging her kicking and screaming to the altar
- and my absolute favorite -- Cold War Unicorns. They are rearing up to fight. One is painted red with hammer and sickle and the other painted with the Stars 'n Stripes.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Yesterday I had lunch with Vonda McIntryre and, after intense discussion on the craft of writing (at least three minutes' worth), we went to Archie McPhee's. This, for those of you who have never visited Seattle, is the source of those catalogues of objects you never knew you needed until you saw them there. Among the weirder items: