Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Kid on the Block

I have neglected blogging lately, shamefully, for two reasons. One is that New Kid, Twitter. It's so much easier to dash off 144 characters than to write a considered essay! But I will do better.

The other reason is that I have been drowning in work -- and NONE of it is writing new fiction. I finished teaching Clarion, only to plunge into the manuscripts for Taos Toolbox. These are mostly novel openings of 10,000 words each, plus synopsis, and they all must be read, line edited, carefully considered, and then a critique written.
The more of these I can get done before I fly to New Mexico on Saturday, the better off I will be as I fight the inevitable altitude sickness of being at 10,000 feet. I love teaching Taos, but it takes a physical toll.

I have also been proofing copy to get my backlist up on Kindle and Nook -- and the fir
st one is up! It is NOTHING HUMAN, priced at (I hope) an attractive $3.99:

Plus -- I got a new phone. For the tech-challenged, this has meant hours of fiddling with it and reading the manual, trying to figure out how to make it behave. I think it's almost tamed.

However, I WILL do better about blogging from there, along with pictures. Last year we had a black bear come right up on the porch of the ski lodge. If there is one this year, too, I will try to get a picture with my new phone. Maybe. If I can remember how. Or if the bear will hold still long enough for me to read the manual.

3 comments:

earthling said...

Have a great time at Taos this year, Nancy! Will be looking forward to the updates.

Bryan H. Bell said...

So glad to hear you finished getting Nothing Human available on Kindle and Nook. I've just bought my copy.

Nancy Kress said...

Thank you, Bryan!